Boat owners know that answering the call of nautical adventure isn’t just a hobby; it’s a lifestyle. That’s why it’s important to invest in the best boat insurance possible in order to protect yourself, your investments, and your family; with the right boat insurance, you can enjoy your time on the water without worrying because you know you’re fully protected in any event.
What Is Boat Insurance?
Boat insurance is designed to wholly or partially cover boat owners in the event of damages or the loss of a boat. While boat insurance can typically be purchased for watercraft with motors like leisure craft, yachts, pontoon boats, fishing boats, and paddle boats, it doesn’t typically cover smaller vessels like kayaks, canoes, or personal watercraft.
While boat insurance plans are many and varied, they typically cover several crucial areas, including but not limited to:
- Collision damage: This includes the repair and replacement of your boat in case of a crash. This type of coverage may or may not extend to water cleanup and clearing of wreckage.
- Property damage: Liability coverage in the event that you damage someone else’s boat, public or private docks, or other structures in a collision or accident.
- Bodily injury: This provision covers any injuries that you might cause to someone else while using your boat, including lost income, pain and suffering, and medical and legal expenses.
- Comprehensive: Handy in case your boat gets vandalized, damaged, stolen, or otherwise damaged in a non-collision scenario. Great for peace of mind in the event that you leave your boat docked for significant periods of time.
How Much Is Boat Insurance?
The cost of boat insurance varies greatly, depending on several key factors. When estimating boat insurance cost, it’s important to be aware of:
- The exact type, age, and size of the vessel you’d like to
- The size of your boat’s motor, its fuel requirements, and how it is powered.
- The history of your boat’s upkeep, permits, licenses, and scheduled maintenance.
- Your intent of use (inland waters, open seas, or both).
- The extent of coverage you wish to purchase.
Basic boat insurance can cost under $100 per year, while full comprehensive coverage for larger vessels will be more. Boat insurance specialists generally recommend buying at least $1,000,000 in liability insurance—possibly more if your boat is powerful, fast, and poses a greater risk to other vessels.
Contact Breathe Easy Insurance today for a fast and easy boat insurance quote and enjoy peace of mind on the open water.
Why Breathe Easy?
The team of qualified insurance experts at Breathe Easy Insurance specializes in auto, home, motorcycle, and boat insurance. As your personal risk management experts, we go above and beyond to provide our clients with the best and most comprehensive insurance plans available.
We believe in building strong working relationships with our customers, which is why we work with you one-on-one to determine the best and most cost-effective insurance solutions for your budget and long term well-being. We’re here to help you get the boat insurance coverage you need to enjoy your nautical leisure time with peace of mind.
Contact a boat insurance specialist today at 866.822.7755.