ALASKA SR22 INSURANCE
In the state of Alaska, the penalties for driving under the influence will depend upon the exact circumstances of each particular case and if there are any previous offenses a person has.
When is SR-22 Required in Alaska?
- Following a DUI conviction or conviction of refusal to submit to chemical testing
- As a condition of being granted limited license privileges following a license revocation by a court or the Department of Administration
How long will I need an SR-22 on file?
- 1st Offense: 5 years
- 2nd Offense: 10 years
- 3rd Offense: 20 years
- 4th Offense: Life
*Requirement the same for DUI and limited license privileges
GET QUOTE TODAY
Need SR22 Insurance?
SR-22 Statutory Limits
- $50K Bodily injury or death of one person
- $100K Bodily injury or death of two or more persons
- $25K Property damage
*Must include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage with the same statutory limits as above
When is an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) Required?
An Ignition Interlock Device is required following all DUI convictions.
DUI Arrest Process
- Arrest and seizure of driver's license
- Administrative Hearing
- must request within 7 days
- If hearing is requested, the DMV will issue a temporary license valid until the date of the hearing
Penalties for DUI Conviction
|Jail Time||72 hours minimum||20 days minimum||120 days minimum||240 days minimum||360 days minimum|
|Fine(s)||$1,500 minimum||$3,000 minimum||$10,000 minimum||$10,000 minimum||$10,000 minimum|
|Driver's License Suspension||90 days minimum||1 year minimum||Permanent revocation||Permanent revocation||Permanent revocation|
Get your Free Alaska SR-22 Quote Today
Are you ready to get back on the road and get your life back? Breathe Easy Insurance is here to help. Our highly-trained staff will help you understand the license reinstatement process. No matter what the circumstances of your license suspension, our agents can help you. We know that this can be a stressful and overwhelming time; let us make it easier with a free online quote. Get started today!