Breathe Easy Insurance $3,000 Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor Scholarship
At Breathe Easy Insurance, our overall mission is to ensure safer roads for all by preventing drunk driving. In an effort to expand our message of drunk driving prevention, we are happy to offer our $3,000 CEU Certification Scholarship to an individual who is currently attending, or has been accepted for enrollment, at any accredited Providers of Continuing Education for Alcohol and Other Drug Counselors. Students interested in all fields of study are encouraged to apply!
Applicants must create an original 30 to 60 second Public Service Announcement (PSA) video on the dangers of drunk driving and ways in which it can be prevented. Applicants will need to upload their video on YouTube and then include the link to their video in the application form below. Be sure to mark your video as "Unlisted".
- 1 non-renewable award of $3,000
- Prize can be used to cover tuition, housing, books, or any education-related expenses
All entries must be submitted by Dec. 31st, 2021 11:59 PM CST
Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student at an Providers of Continuing Education for Alcohol and Other Drug Counselors.
- Applicants should include within their submission their name, address, email, phone number, the school they attend or plan on attending, and the link to their Youtube video. No additional information should be included
- Use of any copyrighted material without permission or licensing within submissions will result in disqualification
- Applicants have permission to include the information and photos found under the "Helpful Information" and "Ignition Interlock Device Images" sections within their video
- By submitting entry, applicant gives permission for Breathe Easy Insurance to use name and video on Breathe Easy Insurance website and social media channels for press purposes
- If chosen, winner should be prepared to send a copy of their transcript or acceptance letter for verification
- Winner will be contacted via contact information provided in their application in early 2022.
- Award money will be paid directly to the educational institution for the benefit of the student, unless otherwise noted by the educational institution
Video submissions will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the video prompt
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- Effectiveness of messaging
Applicants will have five years from the date of being registered as an SUD counselor to complete the following:
- 315 hours of formal SUD related education
- 2,080 hours of SUD related work experience (160 hours of supervised practicum)
- Passing the IC&RC Exam (for more information on the exam click HERE)
Candidate Application for the Substance Use Disorder Certified Counselor (SUDCC)
Submit a payment of $350.00 with this application. $175 is for the non-refundable exam fee and $175 is for the non-refundable certification fee. You may pay by check, money order, cashier’s check, Visa or MasterCard. A credit card payment form is included with this application.